The film was released on February 18, 2011.
FBI agent, Malcolm Turner has learned that his stepson, Trent Pierce has just been accepted into Duke University but he rather skip college to pursue his rapping career and needs Malcolm to sign a contract but he declines. While trying to capture a Russian gangster called "Chirkoff", Malcolm uses a informant named Canetti to deliver a flash drive and Trent plans to ambushes Malcolm on the job. Canetti reveals that the flash drive is empty and the duplicate is hidden at Georgia Girls School for the Arts. During the exchange, Canetti's cover is blown and is killed, which Trent witnesses. Malcolm eventually rescues him and they escape, but since Trent left his car at the scene which means the gang members will be able to track him down. Malcolm once again goes undercover as "Big Momma" and Trent goes as her great-niece "Charmaine". They then go to the performing arts school where Malcolm gets a job as a house mother and Trent is enrolled as a student.
- Martin Lawrence as Malcolm Turner, the main protagonist.
- Brandon T. Jackson as Trent Pierce, the deuteragonist.
- Jessica Lucas as Haley Robinson
- Faizon Love as Kurtis Kool
- Tony Curran as Chirkoff, the main antagonist.
- Ana Ortiz as Gail
- Portia Doubleday as Jasmine
The film was critically panned by critics, and only scored a 5% on Rotten Tomatoes based on 57 reviews.
Awards and nominationsEdit
The film was nominated for three Golden Raspberry Awards.
There is a rumor stating that there will soon be a sequel to Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son.
- Nia Long declined to reprise her role as Sherry, so her character was written out of the film.
- Jascha Washington also did not reprise his role as Trent Pierce.
- the two stars are Martin Lawrence and Brandon T. Jackson